Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary
2757 Saint Beulah Chapel Rd
Montgomery, TX 77316
NOTE: The map below places SFWS a bit inaccurately on St. Beulah Road, and some other services also give inaccurate directions. We recommend using the written directions below, at least once you’ve reached St. Beulah Road. And please remember that visits are by appointment only.
Driving Directions from I-45 in Conroe on TX Hwy 105 (Exit 87):
- Travel WEST on TX Hwy 105 to the town of Montgomery at FM 149 – approximately 15 miles from I-45.
- Continue WEST on TX Hwy 105 approximately 3 miles past Montgomery.
- Turn LEFT over the railway crossing onto Old Dobbin Road. (Note: Old Dobbin Road is NOT the same as Old Dobbin Plantersville Road)
- Follow Old Dobbin Road past the gated entrance of Perfection Ranch, and turn LEFT onto St. Beulah Road (aka St. Beulah Chapel Road) – approximately 1.5 miles.
- Continue on St. Beulah to the end. The road ends at a private drive, with an indented parking area on the right.
- Park in the parking area on the right. Please do not block either the gate in front or the one to the left, which need to be kept clear.
- Once you arrive and park, walk across the road to the large sanctuary gate. There is a sign on the small gate which will let you know if you can enter or wait for someone to let you in. Then please walk down the pathway to the Sanctuary and check in at the gift shop.
- Please note: Our facility is handicap accessible but there is a several-hundred foot gravel driveway between our Parking Lot and visitor area. In order for our staff to accommodate you, please let us know in advance if you will need to drive your vehicle directly to the Gift Shop. We are happy to open the gates for you prior to your tour! Our Manager can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a number of accommodations in the Montgomery and Conroe area. You can figure out which one(s) best fit your needs on TripAdvisor (Montgomery; Conroe). Downtown Montgomery is about a 10 minute drive from SFWS, while downtown Conroe is about a 30 minute drive.
There is also a KOA campground/RV park about 20 minutes from SFWS, and several other local RV parks.
There are several restaurants in Montgomery to choose from, including:
- Pizza Shack
- Phil’s Roadhouse
- Cozy Grape
- Old Montgomery Steak House
- Several fast food options (Subway, McDonald’s) in the town center (located at 20873 Eva St, Montgomery, TX 77356)
- You can also check TripAdvisor for more options