SFWS is HOMEWARD BOUND!
We’re relocating our pack with heart and hard work!
Good news! In 2017 the Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary was able to purchase 15 acres in Navasota, TX located in Grimes County. Our new property is only about 15 minutes from our current property! Whoop! We have a beautiful new location for building our pack a bigger and better dream sanctuary home!
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! In early 2020, our lease will expire and the Pack will need to move. That means we must start building our new home this Fall 2019, so that the pack has everything they need to move into their new home in 2020.
Moving will present us with wonderful opportunities to improve enclosures and facilities, as well as to continue to grow in the future. We hope you will consider donating to our HOMEWARD BOUND Campaign and help us succeed!
The total build out of our new sanctuary will happen in three phases of construction. We are currently raising funds to support the development and construction of Phase I, which will allow us to move our current pack safely and continue our touring and program operations as usual. The estimated project cost for Phase I is $425,000. To date we have successfully, raised 69% of that goal! We need your help to get us the rest of the home!
Phase I Construction includes:
- Four 5,000 sq. ft. enclosures. Two bonded pairs per divided enclosures initially.
- In ground dens and water features per enclosure.
- USDA required 10 ft. perimeter fencing around all 15 acres
- A covered walkway for touring.
- Cleared area for Howl Night and Scouting programming.
- A Quarantine enclosure for when an animal needs to be isolated due to sickness or recovery from surgery.
- A petting zoo for small animals (not wolves or wolfdogs).
- Cost of other facilities, visitor areas, moving current building, landscaping, legal fees, and other miscellaneous costs.
Our master plan is a dream sanctuary come true and will be realized when we have finished constructing all three phases of development. The more support we receive, the faster our pack’s dream will come true!
Here is a picture of our dream sanctuary designed by Burditt Consulting who granted SFWS a Community in PLACE grant!
If you would like a detailed breakdown of costs or any additional financial information, please feel free to contact us.
How to Help
There are many ways you can help us in our relocation efforts.
Donate to Our Relocation Fund
- Or mail a check, cash, or money order to Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary, P.O. Box 877, Montgomery, TX 77356. Please provide an indication if you want the donation to be applied toward the relocation campaign.
Donate a brick for our new home by clicking the image below! These bricks will be laid around our memorial pond walkway! (Scheduled for Phase II of our construction, but until then, all bricks will be displayed along our tour walkway.) It’s a great way to honor someone or yourself and your love of wolves, while supporting the sanctuary!
If you have professional experience you can contribute, such as construction, legal, or fundraising experience, reach out to us! We would love to have your help in the planning and execution of the relocation project.
Many companies will match employee charitable contributions. We encourage you to check whether your employer is one of them — your donation can count twice or more! Check our matching donation page to see if your employer will match your donation here.
Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity and all donations are tax-deductible!