Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary depends on our amazing, dedicated volunteers to keep the sanctuary running and our animals happy and healthy. We would love to have your help too!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out the application form below. Not all tasks involve working closely with our animals, but they are all vital to us giving our animals the best lives possible, and continuing to save lives. No matter your position, you WILL be making a real difference! We will try to get back to you as soon as possible, but please have patience for a response.
Possible Volunteer Duties Include
- Giving Tours: Our public tours cover the work our sanctuary does, the stories of our animals, and important issues related to wolves, wolfdogs, and conservation. We will train you extensively in all the necessary information and provide lots of support, plus you get to be around wolves!
- Fundraising: As a small 501(c)(3) nonprofit, fundraising is vital to Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary’s successful operation. We especially need fundraising assistance over the next several years as we conduct our capital campaign for our Relocation project.
- Maintenance: It takes a lot of work to keep our enclosures and facilities maintained and safe, and we are always looking for handymen and -women who can help us with repairs, upkeep, construction, or landscaping.
- Administrative: Including office organization and filing, cleaning and stocking the gift shop, creating gift shop merchandise, cleaning and stocking the gift shop, and answering phones and emails.
- Direct Animal Care: Including preparing food, feeding and watering, cleaning enclosures, washing up bowls, training animals, and many more.
For volunteers working directly with our animals, prior experience with large animals, particularly exotics, is helpful but not required. Applicants interested in animal care generally must be able to commit to a regular shift at least one day of the week . There is a lot of work involved, but it is extremely rewarding! Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
We can accept volunteers 16 years of age and older. However, Junior Volunteers (those aged 16 or 17) are restricted in some of the duties they can perform, and for legal reasons are not able to have any direct interaction with our animals. Junior Volunteer duties may include giving tours, public outreach, some maintenance work, administrative work, or animal meal and enrichment preparation. Junior Volunteers must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to SFWS.
Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary currently has an open staff position for Sanctuary Manager. See here for the job description and requirements, and for directions on how to apply.